- With the latest revisions to the Code of Practice on Surface Water Drainage (with effect from 1 Jun 2013), developers/owners shall engage an ABC Waters Professional to design, oversee the construction of, and develop a maintenance plan for the ABC Waters design features. The design and design calculations for these features, endorsed by the ABC Waters Professional, shall be submitted to PUB as part of DC submission.
- A 6 months grace period from 1 Jun 2013 will be imposed by PUB on the new requirement to engage ABC Waters Professionals.
- If applicable, developers/owners shall also, on a yearly basis, submit a Certificate of Inspection on ABC Waters design features, endorsed by an ABC Waters Professional. The Certificate of Inspection shall contain declaration that the features have been inspected, and are maintained satisfactorily and functioning well.
- The ABC Waters Professional Registry aims to establish a list of qualified ABC Waters Professionals in the industry.
- The Registry also aims to enable the industry to recognize the quality design work carried out by ABC Waters Professionals who have successfully completed the accredited 4 core modules and 2 elective modules under the ABC Waters Professional Programme, for design, construction and maintenance of ABC Waters design features in Singapore. This will inspire the industry to improve the level of professional knowledge in ABC Waters design in time to come.
- The Registry will also assist the ABC Waters Professionals towards achieving better quality and standards of ABC Waters design through continuous education and training,increasing their competitiveness in the Singapore market as well as within the region.
II. Criteria For New Registration of ABC Waters Professionals
A new applicant for registration as an ABC Waters Professional must satisfy the
a) Possess engineering/architectural/landscape architectural degree from
universities recognized by Professional Engineer Board (PEB), Board of
Architect (BOA), Singapore Institute of Architects (SIA) or Singapore Institute of
Landscape Architects (SILA).
b) Be a Member of
- The Institution of Engineers Singapore (IES) (Click here and here) or
- Singapore Institute of Architects (SIA). (Click here) or
- Singapore Institute of Landscape Architects (SILA) (Click here)
c) Be a Professional Engineer registered with Professional Engineers Board
Singapore (click here) or an Architect registered with Board of Architects
(BOA) (Click here) or an Accredited Landscape Architect registered with the Landscape Architects Accreditation Office (as applicable)
d) Successful completion of 4 core modules and 2 elective modules under the
ABC Waters Professional Programme (not more than 2 years from last module taken)
Any waiver to the above requirements must be approved by the ABC Waters
Professional Monitoring Committee.
III. New Application Process
For new applicants, please submit the completed New Application Form
(click here) and attach the following supporting documents:
a) A copy of Membership Certificate;
b) A copy of a valid Practicing Certificate issued under the Professional
Engineers Board for IES member, A copy of valid Practicing Certificate issued
under the Board of Architect for SIA member, or Full member certificate issued
under SILA for SILA member, respectively;
c) Certificate of completion of 4 core modules and 2 elective modules under the
ABC Waters Professional Programme (not more than 2 years from last module taken);
d) A copy of a minimum academic qualification of degree in
- Civil Engineering
- Architecture or
- Landscape Architecture
e) Total fee of $ 321.00 (including GST) comprising:
- Application fee (non-refundable) * $100 (subject to GST) and
- Annual Subscription fee $100 (subject to GST). 2 years - $214.00
Cheque shall be made payable to:
"Engineers Singapore Pte Ltd", "Singapore Institute of Architects" or "Singapore Institute of Landscape Architects" , as applicable.
Note: PEs who are IES members can submit their application with the New
Application Form (click here) and supporting documents to
The Institution of Engineers Singapore
70 Bukit Tinggi Road Singapore 289758
Attn: ABC Waters Professional Registry
IV. Renewal Application
For renewal registrations as an ABC Waters Professional, applicants shall satisfy
a) Be a member of IES or Singapore Institute of Architects or SILA
b) Be a Professional Engineer who is registered under the Professional
Engineers Board Singapore or a Professional Architect (as applicable) or a
full member of SILA (as applicable);
c) Has a valid Practicing Certificate in his/her own profession (as applicable);
d) Attained a minimum of 6 points of Continuing Professional Development Unit
(CPDU) on ABC Waters Professional;
e) Payment of subscription fee of $214.00 (included GST) for 2 years validity.
Cheque shall be made payable to:
‘Engineers Singapore Pte Ltd’, ‘Singapore Institute of Architects’ or ‘Singapore Institute of Landscape Architects’, as applicable.
( Please click below)
=> New Application
=> Renewal Form
=> List of approved courses/events/talks